Our S-30 is an established industry standard. One of the finest waterborne polymer based treatment systems available. The special resins allow the polymers to saturate concrete and embed a dense, high compressive membrane.
One of the longest pit-lives available, with easy workability and with excellent compatibility with cement primers, adhesives and flooring products.
Meets LEED EQ requirements and provides very low perm rates per ASTM E96. Controls up to 30 lbs MVER and 100% RH.
USES: Remedial only
Synthetic30 is a water-based high performance treatment for concrete surfaces requiring drastic moisture reduction. The product offers the below benifits:
- Compatible with ALL flooring, coatings and primers
- One product for treating vapor emission, alkalinity and relative humidity
- Excellent mixed pot life of 4.5 hours @ 75 degrees for longer working times
- Allows treatment of newly poured concrete after 48 hours
- Peformance exceeding solvent based epoxy and 100% solids moisture treatments
- Penetrates concrete, portland based terrazzo, lightweight concrete and gypsum surfaces
- Un-affected by alkalinity (14pH) and restricts the migration
- Penetrates concrete previously sealed with silicates, resin treatments and other contaminates
where 100% solid type moisture treatments are not warranted for adhesion.
Application / Instructions
The concrete must cure for 48 hours and be structurally sound, clean, and free of dust, grease, oil, existing coatings, paint marks, carbonated layers and other potential contaminants. The concrete surface must be heavily profiled by shot-blasting to expose CSP #4 (#390-#490 shot) profile. Profile the edges, joints and cracks clean with a diamond crack chasing blade, removing any and all fill. Acid etching, sanding discs or grinding surfaces are not acceptable. Vacuum the entire surface with an industrial (0.30 micron) unit. Do not use clean sweep agents.
Read all mixing data prior to use. Do not mix partial units. Pre-mix the Synthetic30 Part B unit separately using a “Jiffy” paddle at a low speed for 2 – 5 minutes (until mixture remains completely whith in color). Slowly add the entire contents of Part A to the Part B container. Mix using a “Jiffy” paddle and a low speed (50 to 400 rpm) drill for 5 minutes, scrape the sides of the container with the paddle blades at least once to promote proper mixing of all contents.
Allow the product to induct for a minimum of 20 minutes to 1 hr. time period. Mix product for 1 minute and add 1 gallon of clean room temperature water and mix for 2 minutes. Mixed product is a creamy white mixture.
- Pot Life: 2 hrs. @ 95 degrees & 4.5 hrs. @ 75 degrees
- Cured surfaces are compatible with adhesives designed for non-porous surfaces
- Product may be applied to a solid, clean gypsum substrate after 10 days of cure
- Thicker application rates may require longer cure times
- Pre-dampen the concrete with clean water using an airless sprayer
- Allow the surface to dry for 20 minutes, broom areas that puddle
- Pour product on the concrete and pull using a 10 mil notch squeegee
- While wearing spike shoes cross roll product using 3/8″ nap roller after 40 minutes
- Spread evenly over the entire surface following the specified spread rates
- Use fans to increase air movement during and after application
- Cement patching may be applied after 12 – 24 hrs of cure using a non-porous primer
- Allow surfaces to be tack free before coating and covering product.
- Typical curing times @ 80 °F Degrees (product must be tack free):
Foot Traffic: 10 hrs.
Wheel Traffic: 24 hrs .
Synthetic30 Re-coat: 10-48 hrs.
Adhesives: 12 – 24 hrs.
Epoxy Coatings: 24 – 30 hrs.
Cement Primer: 12 – 24 hrs. (no tack state)
SPREAD RATES / COVERAGE
0.0 to 10 pounds & RH 100%……….1 coat @ 200 ft / gallon/ coat
10.1 to 15 pounds & RH 100%……..1 coat @ 160 ft / gallon/ coat
15.1 to 30 pounds & RH 100%……..2 coats @ 250 ft / gallon/ coat
Substrates with excessive cracking will require additional product to treat cracks and joints prior to covering product with any type of flooring or coating system. Approximate vapor emission rate after application: 1.0 to 2.0 lbs. per ASTM F1869. Coverage rates may vary based on concrete profile and porosity. Product is resistant to 14pH for all spread rates.
CRACK & JOINT TREATMENT
- Pour Synthetic30 into cracks and joints, spread with a flat squeegee
- Allow Synthetic30 to cure for 24 hours.
- Use fans to increase air movement during and after application.
- Cracks larger than 1/8 inch may be sealed with a 100% solid epoxy joint filler.
CEMENT PATCHING/ LEVELING
Allow Synthetic30 to cure a minimum of 12 hours (80°F) – 24 hours (55°F) before using cement products to smooth uneven floor transitions. Use a high quality patch or Portland cement-based product only. A non-porous primer must be used to secure cement products. Do not use cement products with special additives as a replacement for a non-porous primer. Follow the flooring manufactures recommendations for cement thickness requirements.
Do not apply to concrete surfaces when temperatures are expected to fall below 45°F (7.2°C) during and 24 hours after application. Do not apply if rain, snow or dew point is expected prior to, during or after 24 hours of application. The concrete surface requires a shot-blasted profile and rough texture to allow maximum product penetration. Adhesion testing is recommended on previous sealed concrete.
Synthetics International manufactures and remains the exclusive distributor of Synthetic30 worldwide. The product is manufactured in the United States and is shipped as non-hazardous throughout the United States.
CLEANING / PACKAGING / SHELF LIFE
Clean equipment, drips and over-sprays with water while still wet. Dried product requires mechanical abrasion for removal.
Factory sealed units are packaged in 2 and 5 gallon Part A and Part B kits. Do not mix partial units.
Product may be stored and considered useable within one year of shipment.
ASTM E96 Water Vapor Transmission Rate, Method B (wet)- WRT
|Grains/ ft2/ hour||0.6||12.4|
|Pounds/1000 ft2/ 24 hrs.||2.0||42.4*|
*Testing based on concrete with extremely excessive water vapor emision of 42.2 lbs. Results in a 95% moisture reduction vs. uncoated samples.
ASTM E96 Water Vapor Permeance, Method B (wet) – WVP
|Grams/Pa·s·m2 x 10-8||8.1||172.8|
ASTM D4541 Pull-off Concrete Adhesion
Core#2 – 225psi (100% concrete cohesive failure)
Core#3 – 375psi (100% concrete cohesive failure)
Core#4 – 325psi (100% concrete cohesive failure)
Core#5 – 350psi (100% concrete cohesive failure)
ASTM D4541 Pull-off Concrete Adhesion
35% Potassium Hydroxide – 100% Resistant to exposure
EPA Method 24 Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)
VOC: 62 g/liter (0.52 lbs/gal)
California Department of Health Services Section 01350 Emission Testing Results
No Formaldehyde or other CREL VOCs detected
Indoor Air Quality Contributions
LEED New Construction & Major Renovations, Ver 2.2
EQ Credit 4.2: Low-Emitting Materials: Coatings
LEED Schools for New Construction and Major Ren.
EQ Credit 4: Low-Emitting Materials