Synthetic10 is a vapor control treatment and curing compound for new concrete.
- Zero Hazardous Air Pollutants
- Cures, seals and vapor-proofs concrete
- VOC Compliant for all states
- Available in the USA
- 15 Year Warranty for Floor Moisture Protection
The 10-S is an environmentally friendly, low cost and easily applied waterborne system that provides an exceptional vapor barrier or makes an excellent finish surface.
Excellent for day of pour applications, it also acts to cure freshly poured concrete. It is easy to handle and apply and has an extremely fast dry time making it a logical choice for fast-track. cost efficient substrate treatment.
USES: Day of Pour, Remedial, Vapor Mitigation, Sealing, Dust Control, Priming, pH Control.
Synthetic10 is easy to clean up, washes off equipment with water (prior to hardening) and is shipped by common carrier as a non hazardous material. The product has a shelf life of 12 months and requires no special chemical containment during long periods of storage
- Zero hazardous air pollutants (HAPs)
- Ultra low VOC content, 49 g/liter
- Contributes to LEED EQ Credit 4.1 low-emitting sealant
- Reduces indoor air quality pollution, low in odor
- Non corrosive, non toxic and no harmful components
- Does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde precursors and zero-carcinogens
Synthetic10-TR is an additive to reduce water vapor emission and prepare the floor surface for flooring products, primers, coating and underlayements.
Product is compatible, but not limited to the following products:
- Vinyl composition tile
- Sheet carpet and carpet tile
- Ceramic tile, stone, marble
- Latex, acrylic and SBR primers
- Rubber tile, rubber sports floors and sheet goods
- Sheet vinyl, linoleum tile and linoleum sheet goods
- Cures, seals and vapor proofs concrete
- Assist in preventing water absorption of slabs during construction
- No mixing required, single component
- Low odor, fast drying
- Easy to apply and cleans up with water
- Non-yellowing, UV-resistant and durable for outdoor environments
- Excellent penetration and water-alkali resistance
- Meets ASTM C309 Curing
- Meets ASTM C1315 Curing/ Sealing
Application / Instruction
No concrete preparation is required prior to the application of Synthetic10. Please consult Synthetics International prior to product use.
Synthetic10 is applied as a replacement for traditional curing and sealing products when the surface will allow foot traffic or after the concrete water curing process. Surface must be clean and free of debris. If the concrete cures beyond the application period and/or becomes contaminated, shot blast the surface with #180 shot to expose a clean absorbent surface.
As required for cleaning the surface, use a high volume blower to remove surface sand and/or rinse the surface with clean water to remove debris. Proceed when the surface is clean and dry.
Read all technical data prior to use. Synthetic10 is pre-mixed and requires
agitation before use. Slowly flip the bucket over and allow to settle for 1 minute. Carefully holding the bucket in each hand shake the unit for 30 seconds. If a mixing paddle and low speed (400prm) drill are available, mix each bucket for 1 minute to form a consist mixture. Mixed product is clear in color with a viscosity of less than 200cps. Dispose of product after use. Do not reuse product that has been exposed to open air after 1 hour.
- Apply product directly to freshly poured concrete when surface will allow foot traffic
- If concrete has been water cured or covered with a curing blanket or plastic, the surface must be cleaned using a 10,000 psi power washer.
- Spread evenly over entire surface following specified spread rates.
- Perform all concrete cutting after product applications are dry.
Typical curing times @ 80 F Degrees:
|Light Foot Traffic:||Wheel Traffic:|
|2 hours||48 hours|
Reduce emission levels to 5 lbs. ………………..1 coat @ 350 ft2 / gallon
Reduce emission levels to 3 lbs. ………………..2 coats @ 400 ft2 / gallon
Coverage rates may vary based on concrete profile and porosity. Product is resistant to 14pH alkali for all spread rates
CRACK & JOINT TREATMENT
Areas where a cement patching compound is required to repair cracks, joints and slab imperfections must be coated with non-porous primer prior to cement patching application. Primer will maintain long term patch performance. Always apply cement products to the minimum required thickness for adhesives and allow patching products to cure for 24 hours prior to flooring adhesive application. Do not use gypsum patching products.
Apply vapor emission and digial alkalinity-pH tests directly on the Synthetic10 surface. Perform testing while the interior spaces are acclimated. Do not grind or sand the surface.
The concrete surface temperature needs to be a minimum of 45 F (7.2 C) during installation and 24 hours after application. Do not apply if rain, snow or dew point is expected after 24 hours of application. Read and throughly understand all safety, cleaning, mixing and technical data prior to use. Surface shall be 5 degrees F above dewpoint and temperatures rising.
CLEANING / SHELF LIFE
Clean equipment and over-sprays with water while he product is still wet. Dried product requires mechanical abrasion for removal. Factory pre-sealed units have a 12 month shelf life
PREPARING THE SURFACE FOR FLOOR
Synthetics International warrants that its product shall be in accordance with the specifications published in the current revision of the products data sheet. Synthetics International covenants that in the event any of its products fail to meet their published specifications, Synthetics International shall replace the product proved to be defective. Synthetics International shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages due to the breach of its warranties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Synthetics Internationals sole liability hereunder shall not exceed the cost of the defective product originally purchased. Except as set for forth above, Synthetics International makes no other warranties expressed or implied and makes no warranties as to the merchantability or fitness of the product for the product for a purpose. The user must follow technical data and risks and liabilities associated the installation process.